Please find below information we hope will help you to enjoy your stay at The Babbacombe Hotel regardless of whether your life is affected in some way by a medical condition, disability or impairment.
Access for Less Mobile Guests
The management and staff of The Babbacombe Hotel recognise the difficulties faced by our less mobile guests.
The hotel is set on the level throughout the ground floor, we have a number of ground floor disabled rooms, we also have disabled rooms on the first and second floors which are accessed via a passenger lift (please note mobility scooters are not permitted in the lift, however wheelchairs can be accommodated).
Prior to your arrival
- Enquiries and bookings may be made by telephone, email or fax or via our website and direct booking service
- Should you require a taxi we are happy to order this on your behalf. We use a reliable taxi firm based locally in Torquay, however, settlement of any fares must be done directly between our guests and the taxi company concerned. We have no account facilities for any taxi firms.
- We can provide details of suitable motorised wheelchairs, which can be delivered to the hotel for your stay.
- The hotel is located approximately 3 miles from Torquay Train Station.
- Directions to the hotel may be found on our website - postcode for SatNav is TQ1 3LH
Arrival and Departure
- We are more than happy to assist with luggage and will collect it from your car and deliver it to your room if preferred. Similarly on departure luggage can be collected from your room, stored if required or delivered to your car.
- Parking at the hotel is limited.
During your stay
- There are very few steps around the building and there is a passenger lift. All our corridors are well lit and carpeted.
- There is ample movable seating in both our lounge areas and restaurant and there are chairs available with and without arms.
- Full waiter service is provided in the Restaurant with the exception of some of the breakfast service (buffet). Assistance can be provided for breakfast service if required.
- We do have grab rails in the disabled bathrooms.
- Fire Alarm - the fire alarm system is mainly an audible system - electronic siren. All bedrooms have smoke detectors and an audible alarm system. Assistance is given if evacuation is necessary. Please notify reception on arrival if assistance may be required.
- We do not accept dogs at the hotel. Guide dogs are allowed in all public areas of the hotel.
- We are able to store medical products and baby food in a designated fridge - please advise Reception if you require storage of items. All items need to be clearly labelled and the contents identified.
We have tried to be as accurate as possible and have included as much detail as we can in our Access Statement. We welcome feedback to continuously improve the information we provide to assist our guests during their stay. If you have any queries or questions, please do not hesitate to contact us on 01803 326591 as a member of our staff will be delighted to assist.
!!!!!!!! Winter Warmer Offer !!!!!!!!
Positioned on the flat Babbacombe Downs overlooking the sea
Stunning views from the bar, restaurant and function room
80 en-suite bedrooms
Sea facing balcony rooms available
Ground floor disabled rooms available
Family rooms available
Modern passenger lift
Easy access into Torquay and surrounding area
One minutes walk to Oddicombe Beach cliff railway